● Responsible for implementing and maintaining the Companies GOAL ZERO Health, Safety and Environmental Policy as it pertains to the MENA RD&E facility and RD&E employees working in the MENA technical services division. Use of intelelex reporting systems.
● Execute task risk assessments and COSHH assessments for key work activities.
● Responsible for ensuring that MENA GTRS lab and field services are met in full and within agreed timelines.
● To provide advanced expertise and experience in Nalco Champions product lines and services with support from Global subject matter experts/section managers.
● Responsible for product development and the regional product innovation demands versus MENA product line.
● Conduct and / or arrange laboratory testing and field trials of existing and new production chemical applications, following Nalco Champion endorsed procedures, at both on- and offshore facilities.
● Produce written technical reports to meet customer requirements.
● Prepare and present technical information verbally to a range of personnel.
● Ensure all equipment and test kits are fit for purpose, maintained and available for use at short notice.
● Liaise with our clients Production Chemistry, Engineering and Operations staff with respect to production chemical related issues.
● Responsible for agreeing targets for efficiencies and meeting or improving upon them.
● Responsible for ensuring efficient use and planning of company resources.
● Responsible for technical support for internal and external customers as directed by GTRS.
● Responsible for ensuring a high standard of housekeeping and maintenance in the laboratory areas.
● Responsible for continually looking for ways to improve the operation cost effectively.
● Responsible for specifying and agreeing requirements of new equipment and effectively maintaining existing assets and equipment including certifications.
● Responsible for ensuring that waste is identified, controlled and disposed of in compliance with Company guidelines.
● To take an active part in the maintenance and improvement of the company Quality Management System.
● To ensure that the laboratory operates in accordance with the requirements of the documented Quality Management System.
● Ad hoc duties as specified by the MENA RD&E Group Lead.
● Degree Qualified within a relevant Science Discipline.
● > 5 years of relevant field and laboratory experience; preferably in a field services or senior laboratory role
● Must have the ability to travel across the MENA districts in customer facing role conducting field site troubleshooting and mentoring of the Regional Sales Team.
● Suitable relevant experience in Production Chemistry troubleshooting and offshore Oil/Gas Field Operations.
● Offshore experience in scoping, undertaking and reporting production chemistry trials/project work.
● Experience in the selection of chemicals, their application and system performance monitoring.
● Previous chemistry laboratory experience working within approved best practices (ISO, ASTM, API etc.)
● Experience in chemical injection equipment, incorporating the calibration and maintenance of this equipment.
● Able to work well within a multifunctional team and provide technical leadership to the Sales Organization.
● Must have strong communication skills.
● Strong organization, sense of urgency, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
● Must take ownership and prioritization of regional workload and make decisions independently based on policy and customer needs.
● Must have strong Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Word skills.
● Laboratory Commissioning and Audit Experience preferred
● Understand and practice Company and Customer safety policies and procedures preferred
● Effective project manager with the ability to plan and organise effectively to meet the demands of the business preferred
● Communicate effectively with all levels of personnel within a Customer’s organisation preferred
● Ensure computer literacy e.g.: Microsoft Word, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook through experience and training preferred
● Good time management skills preferred
Ecolab is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that provide and protect clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments. Founded in 1923 and headquartered in St. Paul, Minnesota, Ecolab’s global workforce of 45,000 associates works to protect people and vital resources by delivering comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficienc