Reports To: Production Manager
- Shift Supervisors
- Machine Operators
The Main Purpose of the role:
· Total execution of production activities as per production plan of the section.
· Responsible for quality and quantity of finished products manufactured at Dubai facility.
· Liaise with QA on quality issues, engineering dept for preventive maintenance and logistics for availability of Raw material and packaging material to ensure smooth functioning of production.
· Job allocation to m/c operators and labors and ensuring optimal usage of resources via shift supervisor.
· Supporting KPI clerk to generating production daily report
The main areas of responsibility:
· Analyses sales forecast to determine time scale to produce the product taking in to account all eventualities
· Create and submit report for accounts detailing how much raw material was used and how much product was produced
· Labor and resource planning to be agreed with production manager.
Dimensions of the Job (targets):
· Accountable for the designated area in order to ensure maximum quality, at the agreed quality and costs.
· Finance for reporting
· Sales coordinator for summary
· QA for quality of product
· Other shift supervisors in Production area to formulate reports
· Logistics supervisor for warehouse and transport coordination
Flexibility in having to carry out a range of different tasks:
· Set structure to follow and production targets must be met. Must be a flexible person to react quickly to quality issues and production line requirements
Work allocation, review and approval:
· Production Manager allocates, reviews and approves
Decision making authority:
· Production and Operations Manager make final decisions
Contacts made with others outside of Del Monte:
· No outside contact
Tools and equipment used:
· Food related machinery
· Computer to produce reports
Unusual features of the job:
· Exposure to cold temperatures in production Area
· Long working hours with regular over time
Major Problems encountered when carrying out role:
· No spare parts for Machinery
· If machine is broken for a few hours this can effect quality of product
· Language problems/differences
Knowledge and Skills needed:
· Previous supervisory experience
· Previous experience of working on a production line
· Previous experience in food Industry
· Health and Hygiene knowledge
· Planning skills
· Leadership skills
· Decision maker
· Ability to use initiative
· Excellent communication skills