Controls the operations and staff of the company
• Monitors and manages the day-to-day operations of a program, project or function, including developing short and long-range goals, objectives and budgets, coordinating activities with other departments and agencies, overseeing records maintenance, monitoring budgets and approving and monitoring expenditures, overseeing reporting requirements, evaluating program or project service delivery and cost effectiveness; ensuring that procedures are being followed and assisting in resolving complex problems which require professional level input.
• Conducts advanced and complex engineering and related studies, evaluates alternatives, makes recommendations and presents reports to the Division Manager, the Director and/or the City Council.
• Supervises professional, technical and support staff on a day-to-day or project basis, including determining workloads and schedules, developing, implementing and interpreting policies and procedures, evaluating and training staff and making hiring and termination recommendations.
• Serves as project manager on complex projects, including defining project scope, selecting consultants, negotiating contracts, amendments and change orders, preparing and monitoring project schedules; monitoring, reviewing and coordinating project design and construction; evaluating contractor’s requests for extra work; enforcing terms of the contract, processing payments and change orders; coordinating projects with businesses, utilities and other city departments; conducting field and construction site inspections, and resolving contract disputes.
• Prepares and directs the preparation of designs, specifications, plans, estimates and reports for Capital Improvement projects and the development and modification of City infrastructure.
• Reviews, directs the review of private development plans submitted by developers, landowners and engineers for adequacy of application and conformance to City standards.
• Prepares a variety of written materials, including staff reports, engineering reports and grant applications for engineering projects; may conduct studies and confer with the public regarding traffic and transportation issues.
• Serves as the City’s, department’s or program’s representative with a variety of committees, commissions, businesses and community organizations; attends meetings and promotes department and or City activities and objectives; maintains liaison with other regulatory and pubic and private entities; fosters collaborative relationships to the mutual benefit of the City and these organizations.
• Confers with and provides information to property owners, contractors, developers, engineers, architects and the general public regarding conformance to standards, plans, specifications and codes; explains codes, requirements and procedures and evaluates alternatives.
• Performs project development for complex projects such as capital improvement, including finalizing scope of projects, preparing bid summaries, conducting bid openings, preparing project budgets and preparing cost estimates.
• Monitors and supervises design and construction, including reviewing plans, specifications, estimates and calculations and giving technical advice on corrective action.
• Prepares engineering documents, including agreements, maps, legal descriptions, resolutions and ordinances.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Greenland is one of the leading consultancy firms in the market with a complete range of strategies that meet new dynamics of the business world. Our approach to any recruitment issue faced by our client is always innovative and out of the box.