Manage and participate in the management of GIS projects executed by GIS Section.
• Assist, support and follow up GIS related projects executed by other agencies in RTA.
• Assist and follow up the implementation of GIS related systems and applications, procedures, policies and guidelines.
• Ensure completeness, maintenance and accuracy of central corporate geospatial database including metadata and standards.
• Maintain current and define future GIS data architecture including tuning, monitoring and altering data model, and managing user groups.
• Configure, manage, maintain and update GIS Platform and all its components: ArcGIS Server, Image Server, Web Server & Viewer and GIS DB / SDE.
• Administrate, maintain and improve RTA GIS Portal.
• Create and manage users’ access security and permissions to GIS Platform, Oracle Database and GIS Portal.
• Create, manage and publish web services including WMS and WFS.
• Develop, enhance and monitor GIS Section’ processes and KPIs.
• Contribute and Manage in establishing strategic goals in order to meet GIS section’ KPIs.
• Review, develop and implement policies, procedures and standards.
• Develop and perform QA/QC processes for GIS section and related GIS entities in RTA.
• Assess the need of geospatial data/services by different agencies/departments in RTA and define the business and operational requirements.
• Provide technical support to CAD\\GIS users including professional training on GIS Platform and Portal.
• Ensure availability, performance and security of supported CAD/GIS services within agreed service level agreements (SLAs), including managing crisis situations and bringing them to a satisfactory closure.
• Carry out GIS analysis as per requirements and standards.
• Coordinate with RTA’s strategic partners to assess the cooperation areas based on the MOUs signed with RTA and manage the geospatial data exchange.
• Assist the GIS Manager and concerned parties as required.
• Provide feedback to GIS Manager and concerned parties.
• Perform other responsibilities related to the position as appropriate.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering: Survey /Civil /Environmental /Architecture or Geography, Computer Science, GIS, Environmental Science from a recognized university.
• 6 years relevant working experience.
• Considerable knowledge of cartography principles.
• Knowledge of national GIS standards, map projections and datum .
• Extensive experience with different GIS desktops and CAD systems.
• Ability to recommend, analysis and assess software to provide related information systems.
• Experience in Oracle DB, ArcSDE, designing, implementing and maintaining GIS architecture and data models.
• Ability to perform GIS data conversion, GIS maps production, spatial databases management.
• Adequate experience and knowledge of survey and GPS/GIS data collection.
• Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes
• Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications.
• Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
• Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
• Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
• Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
• Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and the ability to conduct training and awareness sessions on GIS and provide technical training to employee employees to meet high performance standards.
• Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
Engineering: Survey /Civil /Environmental /Architecture or Geography, Computer Science, GIS, Environ
Greenland is one of the leading consultancy firms in the market with a complete range of strategies that meet new dynamics of the business world. Our approach to any recruitment issue faced by our client is always innovative and out of the box.